Effective Date: June 1, 2019
Information We Obtain
In connection with your use of the Services, you may provide personal information to us in various ways. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information, such as name, company name, title, phone number, zip or postal code, and email and postal address;
- product setup and registration information, such as the name/description of your purchase through us, the location where you install your product, and adjustments you make to the product setup;
- information your purchase configurations, including but not limited to water treatment appliance configuration, settings (including temperature, fan speed, voltage and pump information), operating status, run time information, leak information, fault history and service notices;
- payment information, such as name, billing address and payment card details (including card number, expiration date and security code), which is collected and stored by a third-party payment processor on our behalf;
- age, date of birth, and national or other government-provided identification numbers;
- details you provide through contests and surveys;
- information contained in blog post comments and product reviews you submit;
- social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Services (such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins offered by social media services like Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media page or other pages accessible to us); and
- other personal information contained in content you submit, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or customer support tools.
You are not required to provide this information but, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to offer you certain Services and related features.
Automated Collection of Data
When you use our Services or open our emails, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, domain name, identifiers associated with your devices, device and operating system type and characteristics, web browser characteristics, language preferences, clickstream data, your interactions with our Services (such as the web pages you visit, links you click and features you use), the pages that led or referred you to our Services, dates and times of access to our Services, and other information about your use of our Services. We also may receive your device’s precise geolocation and other information related to your location through GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi signals and other technologies for certain purposes listed below, such as to provide you with our Services. Your device may provide you with a notification when the Services attempt to collect your precise geolocation.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “Flash cookie,” also known as a local shared object, functions like a web cookie to personalize a user’s experience on sites that use Adobe Flash Player. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We and our third-party service providers may use beacons in emails to help us track response rates, identify when our emails are accessed or forwarded, and for other purposes listed below.
These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the Services; (3) tailor the Services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of the Services; (5) understand the effectiveness of our communications; and (6) otherwise manage and enhance the Services.
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before placing cookies or similar technologies on your computer. You can stop certain types of cookies from being downloaded on your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Flash cookies typically cannot be controlled, deleted or disabled through your browser settings and instead must be managed through your Adobe Flash Player settings. To manage flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go to the Adobe Flash Player Support page available here. In addition, your mobile device settings may allow you to prohibit mobile app platforms (such as Apple and Google) from sharing certain information obtained by automated means with app developers and operators such as us. Our Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. Please note that without cookies or other automated tools we used to collect this type of data (such as geolocation data), you may not be able to use all the features of our Services.
Third-Party Web Analytics Services
Through our Services, we may obtain personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party apps, websites, devices and other online services. On our Services, we use third-party online analytics services, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these analytics services use automated technologies to collect data (such as email address, IP addresses, cookies and other device identifiers) to evaluate, for example, use of our Services, to diagnose technical issues and to serve ads. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
Through our Services and websites, both we and certain third parties may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users considering demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of browser cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies. The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites and apps, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing and app usage activities. The information our ad networks may collect includes data about users’ visits to websites and apps that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed and the actions taken on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on our Services and websites and on third-party websites and apps that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain through the Services to:
- deliver products to you;
- establish and manage your account;
- process and fulfill claims and orders in connection with of your purchase through us and services, and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- improve and customize your experience with the Services;
- identify and authenticate you so you may use the Services;
- send you notifications and alerts (including status updates and fault alerts) related to your use of our products and services;
- send you newsletters and other communications if you sign up to receive them;
- market our products to you and provide you with promotions, including special deals, coupons, discounts and chances to win contests;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, surveys and market research;
- respond to your requests and inquiries and provide customer support;
- manage contractor and service provider relationships;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products; enhancing and improving our Services; managing our communications; analyzing our user base and Services; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
As required by applicable law, we use the personal information we obtain to comply with applicable legal requirements, carry out our contractual obligations and, as permitted by law, pursue our legitimate interests (such as managing our Services, performing data analytics, and operating, evaluating and improving our business). Otherwise, we obtain consent to process personal information. We also may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. We may combine information we obtain about you (such as through our Services or from third parties) for the purposes described above.
We also may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
We may transfer the personal information we obtain about you to recipients (including our subsidiaries and affiliates, and third party service providers) in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
Your Rights and Choices
You also can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
Our Services may provide links to other online services and websites for your convenience and information and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (e.g. Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube buttons). These services, websites, and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
Retention of Personal Information
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we obtain through the Services against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Children’s Personal Information
The Services are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 through the Services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that information from our records. If you believe that a child under the age of 16 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us.
How to Contact Us
To permanently unsubscribe from promotional emails, new product updates, and exclusive email discount codes, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org